Happy Independence Day!!!!!
We had a pretty subdued 4th of July this year. Andy spent the morning whipping up his version of Nick Tahoe's Garbage Plates. Garbage plates, for those of you who are unfamiliar, are a specialty of a Rochester dive called Nick Tahoe's. They consist of macaroni salad and homefries topped with two fatty burgers, cheese, cheap yellow mustard onions and special sauce. You can order it with extra grease if what's already there doesn't meet your standards. It's served with a side of bread and usually tastes better drunk, from what I can remember. Andy's sauce was pretty edible, though. Ati and Phil came by and sampled the fare, and both survived.
We were hoping Ellie would be able to watch some of the fireworks this year, and even tried to adjust her nap schedule to accommodate a later evening. No such luck, she was asleep at her normal 8 pm bedtime. Maybe next year.
In other news, congratulations to Jodi and Steven who welcomed their second daughter, Daisy, on July 2nd!


2 Comments:
Before I forget, Happy birthday, Kristin. Nice pictures of everyone and I did recognize the red shirt, I've seen it before? hope you had a nice 4th. We did. Love Popo,(aka Grandm Tuesy)
I got heartburn just looking at that stuff. Did you really make it with all that grease!!? Saw the red shirt on both my granddaughters.
Love you all
Gramma D
Post a Comment
<< Home