I've had enough!
Slide Show (Click Here)The holidays can be rough! The Del Negro family has been very busy these last two weeks. Between the holidays and getting ready for the move, Ellie has had enough! We started off with a visit with Santa. Ellie didn't particularly appreciate mommy leaving her on this strange fellow's lap at first. She warmed up to him a little when Santa let her play with his fuzzy sleeve! Later, she helped mommy and daddy send out Christmas cards to all our family and friends.

We have also been busy trying to spend some time with our friends in the Tri-Cities before we leave for Colorado. Ellie had fun visiting with Anna, Andrea, and Nate when they came over for dinner early in December. Ellie and Anna enjoyed a story that Nate read to them and later they shared some pieces of cheese. They ended the evening with some dancing and kisses. It was so cute to see them together. Ellie wishes she could have spent more time with Anna.
In the middle of it all, we have tried to find some time for fun. Andy and I went to my last APW Christmas party. It was also the last APW party for Dr. Occhino. She and I are officially "retired" at the end of this month. Luckily we were able to spend some time with her and our good friend Mindy at our house for dinner. Dr. O is an outstanding doctor, colleague, and friend. We hope to stay in touch and maybe visit in sunny California. We also had a nice dinner with our friend Paul this month. We will miss his great sense of humor.
This month has been one of milestones as well. Ellie is definitely more interested in reading now. Instead of just chewing on the books, she actually likes to listen as we read to her. She is facinated with music and still enjoys dancing quite a bit. That lazy 4th tooth has finally busted through! We went to Denver this month to look for a new place to live and found a nice house. It was Ellie's 4th plane trip....she is quite the traveler now! As always, she did very well. She was able to see her Godfather (Ati), Uncle Beav (Phil), and Lilley. She also met some new friends....Chad, Sloan, and the Schutte Family! We are looking forward to seeing more of them. I'm pretty sure that because of the trip, she was also 'rewarded' with her first ear infection. More on that later.
Have I mentioned that I think Ellie is going to become a dentist? She is facinated with toothbrushes, brushing teeth, and rooting around in peoples' mouths.
For now, we continue to get ready to leave. There are still many more friends to say goodbye to!
Have a Merry Christmas!



2 Comments:
Hi, I just read your new post on your blog. I also saw Ellie helping with Xmas cards. Lew just handed me the mail and lo and behold, there was a card from you guys. Thanks for showing all the pictures. Ellie looks so cute and she is growing so much. Good luck with the move and I'll be sending something to the new address.
Merry Christmas everyone and have a happy New Year. Love PoPo,(aka Grandma Tuesy)
Just looked at the blog and the Christmas card at the same time...
that is one gorgeous little girl. I had to say that because Diane will read this too!. How come she is always in the fridge? Have you got her doing meals too? Let us know when we can visit, have a safe New year and travel. Miss you and love you all.
Grandma Edna
Post a Comment
<< Home